As a Language Processing Software Engineer, you will be a member of the R&D team. You contribute to CrossLang software development efforts within your specialization domain. The Language Processing Software Engineer collaborates with the Software Architect as well as with the Project Manager and customer where needed.
As Language Processing Software Engineer, you:
- Design, develop, document and maintain the CrossLang Language Processing Pipeline
- Deliver defined software development tasks, including but not limited to AI modelling, documentation, and testing
- Develop and manage the CrossLang DevOps pipeline in collaboration with the Software Architect
- Manage training data and train customized MT systems.
- Perform Language Engineering Support, not limited to scripting, conversion and machine translation evaluations
- Conduct activity reporting and participate in scrum meetings.
- Provide pre-sales support where required.
- You have a solid understanding of development frameworks, modern development approaches and modern software architectures, including cloud.
- Ideally, knowledge of 2-3 languages (Java, Python, …)
- Ideally, knowledge of Azure and/or AWS
- You understand NLP, machine translation systems, translation system architectures and workflows
- You have experience in software engineering and development processes (agile, kanban, …)
- You have an affinity with or willingness to learn language processing techniques
- You have excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and speak at least one of the following languages: French, German, Dutch
- You are eager to learn and develop
- You will be part of a small, enthusiastic team of engineering experts and language specialists
- A position in a pioneering company in the field of language technology
- An attractive salary package, including benefits (meal vouchers, group and hospitalisation insurance,…)
- A flexible home office policy
- Our offices, located in Gentbrugge, are easily accessible by train, car and public transport
CrossLang is a European leader in translation automation and language technology. CrossLang provides consulting, systems integration, operations and research to help organisations modernise not only their translation infrastructure, but their translation approach as well.
Please fill out the form below to apply for the position of Language Processing Software Engineer!
"*" indicates required fields